Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Earthquake...prepardness that is.

Earthquake preparedness people teaching our kids all about earthquake safety.
You gotta dig the red vests.
A couple of weeks ago we had the awesome experience of having an earthquake simulator come to Berhan to teach our kids all about earthquake safety. It was a much anticipated break from the boring, everyday schedule. And I have to admit, it pretty much rocked. I took my BR kids upstairs to join the 7 other classes that were going on at that time for them to hear a lecture in Chinese about earthquake safety. Then the cool part happened. We took our kids outside, across the street, and around a corner to an empty parking lot. And there stood the earthquake simulator.

My BR kids sitting and listening attentively.


Penny decided to curl up next to me.
I couldn't blame her--the lecture was getting pretty long, and I don't even know the language.

It was quite a fiasco trying to get all my kids there in one piece. William was excitedly jumping up and down exclaiming that we were going to pass his house, and pointed his house out to me every other second of our being in sight of it (it was cute, rather than annoying).

The simulator in all its glory.
I have to admit the whole thing was pretty awesome. The simulator was supposed to be like a 5.0 on the Richter scale. This video below will show it a bit more. The video has most of my kids, Dustin, and some of his kids. Some of the other students were really scared of the simulator. Our bosses' son for instance. He was so scared he started crying. But his little sister, on the other hand, was super excited to go on it.



Other pictures from the day:











Funny thing though. Yesterday, we actually had a small earthquake. I'd have to say that the earthquake simulator came at the perfect moment. And I now know how to stay safe in the case of an earthquake.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Man! Why didn't we get cool simulators like that in CA?

The Bergant Family said...

Love the pic of the cute little girl in your lap! She must adore you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails