Sunday, September 27, 2009

Barbecue--Taiwan Style


Yesterday, the other teachers and I were invited to a barbecue at one of the secretary's orchards. It was full of food, fishing, and an amazing sunset. Here are some pics from the great day!

 {The really cool home-made basketball hoop that the kids absolutely adored.}

 {The view from Sue's. That's the bike trail bridge in the distance, though it's not so far away. About a ten minute walk to be exact.}

{Gerald, my boss, playing with all of the kids. They were going crazy!!!}

Fishing
 They had a concrete fish pond stocked with over 200 fish. And, I caught one...yeah, I'm pretty amazing.

 {Brian, Erin, Sunny, Wendy, Connie, and Lisa fishing.}


 {Kelly holding one of the unlucky fellas. Don't you just love her 
Abercrombie shirt? The secretaries were having a contest to see who could look 
the most like a foreigner (aka American). I think Kelly won.}

 {Lindsay and Angelica checking out the scene.}



{One of the fish we caught...}

{... and after.}


 The Sunset


Connie, Wendy and I decided to wander on down to the river to watch the sunset. It was absolutely beautiful. It seems to happen that every time I somewhat go hiking I always wear the worst kind of foot wear possible. So this time I decided to ditch my flipflops before they broke.
 
It was a fun time to try out new camera shots and just reflect on the beauty of this island. And who knew all this beauty was only a ten minute car ride from the school? I seriously gotta get out more. One last final picture:


 Koala's mom is one of the secretaries, so he was there with his two little twin brothers. Can you say adorable? Koala was having a blast being a kid in a kid-appropriate area. It was so much fun seeing him let loose and that it was ok for him to do it. He was going wild on the bikes, and I seriously thought he was going to kill himself a few times. 


Here's to wonderful food, friends, and of course, Taiwan!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails