Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Music I love

So I bet you've notice the mixture of music types found on the blog. This is a blog dedicated to these wonderful musicians that I don't really know a lot about, but love because their music makes me happy. And that's all that's really important, right?

Aneta Langerova is my favorite Czech artist. She was the winner of Cesko Hleda Superstar (the Czech version of American Idol) back when I served my mission in the Czech Republic. This song, Kridla Motyli (Butterfly wings) gives me chills. It is so beautiful. And it brings back so many mission memories. Ach jo.

KYO is this rad French group that I first heard on French MTV while I was doing a study abroad in Paris. I remember going to this little panini stand/cafe and they had MTV on. Always wanting to be up on the pop culture of other countries, I was totally stoked to hear something French rather than the imported crap, like Britney Spears. I bought their album while I was there, and still love them.

Glen Hansard is an Irish musician, and I think that's about all I have to say about that. Irish musicians are hot. And pretty much all musicians from the UK. Hansard won an Oscar this past year for his song with Marketa Irglova called "Falling Slowly." My co-workers at BYU Independent Study could attest to the fact that I was absolutely obsessed with this song. I was overjoyed when this song won the Academy Award for the soundtrack of the movie "Once." I still have yet to see the film, but I'm pretty sure that I would love it.

Sigur Ros is probably my favorite band at the moment other than Cold Play. They hail from Iceland, which makes them even cooler. I've always wanted to go to Iceland, and now I have a greater incentive to do so. I was introduced to the miraculous melodies of Sigur Ros by the brother of one of my good friends. I bought one of their albums soon after, and the last week of July they released yet another. I was so stoked that I immediately bought it off Itunes. Yeah, I'm a sucker.

I'm in love with the sounds of Bloc Party, and I think they're cool because their name reminds me of the former Soviet Bloc, but that's not the case. They're actually from the UK. Like Adele, Cold Play, Damien Rice and Glen Hansard.

So that's about all for my musical tastes for the moment. And let me just explain that this little playlist doesn't exhaust all of my musical interests. I'll be honest, I could write a novel about that.

Tak jo, ciao for now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails