Thursday, November 13, 2008

Halloween!!!

So I do realize that this is a few weeks late, but I still wanted to write about the fabulousness of Halloween. I have to say that the week of Halloween was treacherous, and incredibly stressful. My 3rd graders decided that they wanted to make pinatas for our Halloween activity that was to be held on Friday. They actually completed their pinatas. My 4th graders on the other hand were not so quick to complete their assignment--I ended up making 4 pinatas at the last minute. And with the humidity, let me tell you that it took forever for those suckers to dry out.

Halloween ended up being really fun. My Basic Reading class dressed up. Larson was Spiderman, and Belinda was Dracula complete with a cape made from a black trash bag--yeah, they get pretty creative over here. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go around with my kids through all the activities. Instead I helped out with the afternoon kindergarten class as they went trick or treating to the different classrooms of the school. They were very cute, but also very active. I was grateful to have my class back at the end of the day.

The Kindergartners trick or treating.

Me and Zoe.
My BR class. William, Jason, Aragon, Larson, Emily, Penny, Belinda and Becca
My third graders also go into the Halloween spirit and almost all of them dressed up. I was really glad that they were so excited about the whole ordeal. My other 2 classes were too cool for school. And they really weren't that fun.
My 3rd Graders showing off their pinatas.
Front row: Penny, Jenny, and Jacky.
Back Row: Michelle, Eve, Cheryl, Sabrina, and Brian.
Halloween night we had a girls night and went KTVing (karaoke). It was fabulous! We all wore our costumes, and got some strange looks from the locals. I also had several people come up to me and ask if they could have their picture taken with me. It was crazy! I ended up losing my voice, and had a rough time the following morning teaching. But all in all, it was definitely work it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails