Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas Eve in Hualien--a true blessing.

Christmas wasn't the same this year, as you can probably already tell from my previous blogs. I was feeling pretty down in the dumps though on Christmas Eve as we were traveling to another city, and weren't surrounded by family. When we got off the train that night, this is what awaited us:


It was a blessing. I was so touched it was almost impossible for me to keep back the tears. In 1 Nephi 1: 20, Nephi, the prophet of the Lord proclaims:

Behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

At that time, I really felt like it was a tender mercy of the Lord for me to hear that song, and to feel something of the Christmas spirit.

The rest of the evening was perfect, complete with taro cakes, a Taiwanese Santa with a cotton mask, and a reading of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That's a cool experience thanks for sharing. I know how it feels not to be at home during a holiday (not Christmas though. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if I were in a completely different country. You are seriously an inspiration to me!!! I hope you enjoy your time in DC. I'm sure it will be amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails