So today I decided to get my roots done, so I hopped on over to Tyson's Corner where a Paul Mitchell Academy is housed (love it!). Unfortunately this lovely place is in the Mall, where there are tons and tons and tons and tons of kiosks with annoying people waiting to pounce on you. If you know me, I avoid salespeople and kiosk attendants like the plague. But for some reason the people at the kiosks in Tyson's Corner are unusually aggressive.
A week or so ago, my friend Mindy showed me the Mall. Even though I live only 15 minutes away from Virginia's largest mall, and that I've lived here for over a month, I still hadn't ventured that far west. Sad I know. Anyways, as we were walking by one of the kiosks, I got stuck. I hesitated and they pounced. It was horrible, but I managed to get away without buying anything. Yet, I was still impressed with the product, but it was WAY too expensive.
Flash to this morning. I wasn't so lucky. I passed by the same kiosk as last time, and even walked as far away from them as possible, and pretended to look in shop windows. But then, a incredibly gorgeous accent accosted me. Note to self: never make eye contact with kiosk attendants. Especially if they are highly attractive men from Italy. I was able to resist last time, but today I wasn't so lucky. He was so hot--though incredibly cheesy. Who says, Excuse my sexy accent? I know, right? But, he did give me a major discount. Major discount.
I remember a few years back when one of my roommates fell prey to a kiosk attendant selling dead sea salts scrubs. She was furious when she got home, and felt tricked. The injustice! Now I totally know how she felt!
Has this happened to anyone else? Is anyone else a sucker for accents, which get them into trouble? I truly hope I'm not the only one!
4 comments:
I'm sorry but that is hilarious. At least it was a product that you sort of liked? Accents are definitely hot. I can totally see you falling for them. If you end up marrying some white guy from the midwest I will die.
PS-Don't forget to call me when you are in UT!
We were at the mall a few months ago and I was walking in front of Ben and Lucas... and I was accosted by a guy with an accent. I just managed to tell him I already had the (similar) product and pointed to the boys waiting for me. Luckily I got away. Grrrr - they make me so mad, though! And they always want to look at your skin or nails and say how they can fix you, but they have to understand that I'm just lazy!
I was relating to your story--was that roommate me? I'll have to avoid those kiosks when I'm at Tyson's Corner. Have a great road trip back!
Yup, Nikki Bunny, it was you. I remember how irritated you were when you came home and related your story. And then when they wouldn't let you return it. But I think it ended up being alright. It was dead sea salts right? And I remember the product being good, but expensive. Yeah, look out for the kiosks at Tysons!
Post a Comment