One thing that is has made me realize is how lucky I am to have my family. The love, support, and guidance from my amazing parents. And I guess I should say from my brother and sister as well. All families have their ups and downs, but I really do believe that each of us is placed with our families for a reason. We are meant to be together, and I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have that families can be together forever.
So, even though I may not be with my family this Thanksgiving (and helping my little sis celebrate her 20th birthday) there will hopefully be many holidays, birthdays, and many other celebrations in the future to cherish like the one's I already do.
I LOVE you guys!
{At my graduation}
{Mr. Mike, my not-so-little bro}
{Left: My Dad and I riding a ferry. Right: My sis and I after a hike in Utah}
{By far my favorite pic of the girls. We do need to get an updated one, though.}
{This is one of my favorite pictures I've taken of my parents and my sister. Christmas 2006}


2 comments:
I would imagine holidays would be the hardest. This is going to be our second Christmas not going to any of our parent's houses and that's a little hard for me, but fun to be doing our own Christmas too. I hope you still find a little time tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving!
Shannon-
Being in a foreign country myself, I can appreciate your missing the USA. Not only do I have to work today, I also have to start my new job. I don't think I'll get a Turkey dinner, I don't even think I'll get a dinner. But it seems that everything will be okay. Good luck out there!
Post a Comment