Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sunbursts

Did I ever tell you that I work for an amazing institution? If I haven't already, let me just reiterate how incredibly cool it is to work for the Smithsonian Institution. Some days I might gripe about my job, but the fact of the matter is, I love being apart of something much, much larger than myself. 

Thursday, myself and 3,999 of my fellow employees were able to participate in this historical event. This is the very first time that all of the Smithsonian staff, volunteers, interns, and donors came together to make this epic sunburst--the Smithsonian's symbol. 
{Where's Shannon? I'm behind the woman wearing the raspberry pants and white shirt. In the yellow. Waving. At someone I didn't know. Can you see me?}

It's an experience I'll never forget. 

Here's to the Smithsonian and all its goodness!
Check out the website--it's a wealth of free knowledge!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I can only imagine how cool it would be to work for the Smithsonian. That human sunburst looks amazing. And I totally spotted you. Good thing you were by someone in such bold pants. :)

kachiai said...

I found you!

Chrissy said...

Shan, what do you do for them? (And I found you :-)

Shan said...

I'm a program assistant for the Smithsonian Associates. They do educational outreach programming for the Smithsonian.

Related Posts with Thumbnails