Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Life as of now

Hi all!

Yes, I know it's been over a month since I last wrote. Shame on me. But I've noticed that as I go through transitions it's hard for me to find the time to right about them. Though, it's probably the time I need to write the most. Though it's hard to write when not a ton of positive and interesting things are going on, like a new job or an exciting love life.

I was talking to my one of my best friends, Maggie, the other day, and she told me that I should just be honest with how I feel--that it doesn't matter if everything is going peachy. So this is my attempt at describing my life, since my cross-country move.

Don't get me wrong--I'm so glad I was able to move back to Seattle.

  • I love being able to go to my parents' house on Sunday evenings for dinner, or anytime I want to see them.
  • I love being able to hang out with my sister and have FUN! 
  • I love being able to see old friends from high school.
  • I love living near my group of good friends out here. 
  • I love being able to see water every day, whether it's Lake Washington or Lake Sammamish.
  • I love the house I'm living in, and my awesome roommates. 
  • I love the beauty of Washington State. It takes my breath away. The skies are so dramatic, it makes me want to take up painting!
  • I love my old school Volvo.
  • I love that I have several options for hiking, boating, biking, etc. 

Yet,

  • I don't love the health problems I've been having that have completely drained my energy.
  • I don't love the smell of the antibiotics I've been prescribed.
  • I don't love not having a full-time job.
  • I don't love not being able to see my DC friends. 


But I'm lucky that I've been able to have a temp job, and that I have a lot of people helping me look for work. It's nice knowing that I have a humongous support group here!

And really, even though life isn't terribly stable, life is pretty great for the time being.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

We miss you out here! I'm totally jealous that you get to see water every day. I've been aching for some away from the city, outdoor time.

Shan said...

Mel! I miss you guys too! Any time you want to get away, you totally have a place to stay in Seattle!

Unknown said...

Love! I love your honesty! And even more so I love YOU! You're phenomenal! xoxo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails