Tuesday, July 26, 2011

All I want right now...

...is lemonade.
Seriously. 

When the weather gets toasty (or above 60 degrees with the case of Seattle), I crave this citrus-y delight. It's so refreshing, and always quenches my thirst. At the amazingly beautiful 4th of July party I attended, they were serving an amazing mint lemonade, and I've been slightly addicted ever since. I found this recipe at marthastewart.com and have been meaning to try it out. Perhaps I will today. But I wanted to share it just in case you wanted to try it out too.

Mint Lemonade Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
4 1/2 cups water
3 1/3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
1/4 cup julienned mint, plus leaves for garnish (this is Martha Stewart after all)

Directions
1. Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Let stand until completely cool. 
2. In a 2 1/2-quart pitcher, stir remaining 4 cups water, the syrup, lemon juice and mint. Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

I guess you could use lemonade from concentrate and add the mint. In any case, it was delicious!

Do you have any favorite lemonade flavors or recipes?

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Mmmm! I love lemonade too. My mom found a recipe for the Brazilian lemonade they use at Tucanos, you blend sugar and water in a blender until sugar is dissolved, add whole limes that have been quartered, pulse about 5 times. Strain the mixture into a pitcher and add a bit of sweetened condensed milk. Soooo Delish!

Shan said...

Jenna, that sounds amazing! How are things in Rochester? Are you managing to stay cool?

Unknown said...

Um yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails