Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Haps


So much for keeping up on my blog. And there have been some pretty awesome things of late. I have to say that I love living in the Seattle area. It suits me. Yesterday, I was out golfing with my mom and grandpa and it was absolutely gorgeous! And hot. I love breathing in the clean, sweet, woodsy air--it reminds me of my childhood summers of picking blackberries and huckleberries. And you better believe I'll be all over that this summer, if it ever gets warm enough for the berries to ripen.

 For some inexplicable reason, Washington State is not experiencing the horrors of the Midwest and East Coast. For that I am grateful. If I were in DC at the moment, you better believe I'd be a wilted with absolutely no energy. Me + humidity = death. It's amazing that I was able to live and function and actually do anything active (running and biking) in Taiwan. I think I was blessed for that space of time. 

Still nothing much on the job front, but I hope I find something soon! But I manage to keep myself busy. I have a couple of friends that introduced me to a sorta ghetto karaoke bar in Bellevue, and not it's a weekly event. I look forward to my Thursday nights. It's funny. The bar tenders and the DJ know us as the group that doesn't drink, which is cool. Everyone is so friendly there. This past Thursday we had 7 of us there. If you've never done karaoke, you definitely need to. It's such an adrenaline rush! I think my favorite performance of the night was Matthew singing "Soul Meets Body." He definitely worked that stage! 

It's also been super fun to connect with one of my college buddies! 

Sarah and I have know each other since living on the same floor in Taylor Hall our freshman year at BYU. It's been awesome hanging out with her. The picture above was taken after a fun filled Fourth of July on Bainbridge Island. I bit worn out, but very enthused for the ferry ride home. And yes, she's wearing a Tron jacket. 

That's about it for now. Here's to life!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you are enjoying living back in Seattle! And that you are getting hang out with Sarah. Very fun. I hope you are able to find a job soon! Love ya!

Lex said...

Love the Shannon Dr. Pic and the beer garden banner behind you! Ha ha. You look gorgeous!! I miss you.

Ruthie said...

Great to hear an update! How I wish we go sing some karaoke together! Missin' you tonz here in the hot, humid other Washington :) Glad you are keeping cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails