I love Washington!...and pumpkin patches.
Sometimes I feel like the things that make me happy are a bit ridiculous, so I appreciate you for baring with me. Here it is: the list.
1. Rediscovering a hobby. I've been on the hunt for a good hobby for several months now. I'm a fairly creative person, but just hadn't found a creative outlet that I was satisfied with. I enjoy writing, but have been out of practice. I wanted to take up knitting, but it seemed kind of complicated. Everyone crochets. I wanted to do something that not everyone does. Back on my mission, while serving in Hradec Kralove, we taught this amazing family who was famous for their needlework, crocheting, and tatting. I enjoyed crocheting, but loved tatting. I wasn't super good at it, but one of the ladies said I was a natural. And who doesn't like being called a natural. Anyways, today I bought a shuttle and tatting string, and have decided to relearn this somewhat of a lost art.
2. Finding a new frame for my favorite print of all time. And I'm going to hang it up on my wall tomorrow.
3. Talking to my friend Lex, who now lives in North Dakota. We try to have weekly phone chats, and it makes my day.
4. Finding cheap airfare to 3 places in the States I'm wanting to visit. Now I have to figure out when I'm going to travel to these places.
5. Helping out at the Seattle Temple. My singles ward had a baptism assignment last night, and it was so cool to witness my friend doing ordinance work for her ancestors. Her joy was intoxicating.
6. Going to my roommates (I guess now former roommate) wedding reception. She and her husband were so cute, and so obviously in love. Here's how cool her husband is. They are both really into dancing, and he asked our friend to organize a flash mob at their reception. She choreographed a dance routine to Moves Like Jagger. It was incredible, and my roommate's reaction was classic.
7. Being able to teach. I was asked to give a lesson at a church activity, and was so thankful to be able to do so. I miss teaching, and it's hard not being able to pursue that course quite yet. Every time I teach, though, I know that that's what I'm supposed to do. It just may not happen for a couple of years.
8. Shopping with a good friend at U Village. It was fun bonding time, and she is the giver of amazing advice. And we all know that I relationship advice is much needed in my life. My love life is definitely a comedy.
9.Seeing my mom. I love her!
10. Finally being "healthy." I went to the doctor on Monday to have my bandage changed, and she said I don't have to come in anymore! Hallelujah! Now I just need to get over my cold...
And there you have it. What made you happy this week?
10. Finally being "healthy." I went to the doctor on Monday to have my bandage changed, and she said I don't have to come in anymore! Hallelujah! Now I just need to get over my cold...
And there you have it. What made you happy this week?
2 comments:
So many blessings! Glad especially for the healthy one. :) I love your happy picture at the pumpkin patch. Miss you!
Oh Shan!! I just read this. You are so stinkin sweet!! I love you friend!! Today I have the whole day off. You should call on your break! ;) miss you!
Post a Comment