Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's the Holiday Season!


 I love the holiday season! T'is quite unfortunate that I haven't found time to write. Apparently I struggle with  consistency. But sometimes socializing and spending time with my fam is more important, wouldn't you agree?

Christmas is fast approaching and I'm excited. It's my first time in a looooong while that I'm in Seattle leading up to the holidays. It's fun spending time with my mom and sister crafting Christmas crafts, and viewing our traditional line-up of holiday movies. (Some of our favorites are Elf, The Bishop's Wife, White Christmas, and Miracle on 34th Street).

Haven't made it into the city yet, but I did do Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister. We had a blast! We felt so bad for the poor retail workers that had to work through the night, so on principle we didn't start our shopping until 6am on Friday.
A side note:
Don't you think it's ridiculous that some stores
 opened on Thanksgiving night? 
And I'm not talking 12am, but 9pm? 
Or am I old-fashioned?
(I sure hope not--I'm only 28).
Other highlights of the past few weeks:
  • Thanksgiving with the fam and great friends. Complete with an inappropriate cousin (not mine of course). It was hilarious!
  • Bellevue Botanical Gardens with a great group of friends.
  • Being bold, and confessing (perhaps I've been watching too many Korean dramas, but they do it all the time). It felt great to know where we stand. (Just friends, and I actually prefer it that way).
  • Making Czech food for my friends. Ovocne knedliky are the best! I'm grateful to my MTC companion for sending me the recipe!
  • Having a new roommate move in--she's amazing!
  • Watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional (even though we accidentally watched the wrong year). 
  • Seeing Arthur Christmas with my mom. Super cute movie!
  • Hanging out at Crossroads, eating bulgogi, and drinking bubble tea, whilst listening to a community concert. There was one rockin' grandma that we wanted to call our own. 
Hoorah for the Holiday Season!




2 comments:

Nikki said...

I thought there was too much Christmas Creep with Thanksgiving day shopping! Fun Christmas stuff. I'll have to check out the Arthur Christmas movie. I like that bubble tea stuff, too. I had it in Chinatown once.

The Bergant Family said...

Oh, that reminds me of home! Since it is home! My parents moved to Utah so we do not see those sights anymore. :) Have a Merry Cristmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails