Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Our beautiful Christmas tree.
I hope you all had an awesomely amazing Christmas! I sure did. It was full of friends, family, and fantastic food! The only thing missing was the presence of my dear brother.But that's ok--he'll be with us next year.

I love Christmas!
I love visiting dear friends with platefuls of Christmas cookies.
I love silently sitting and watching the white lights glow and highlight the branches of the delicious noble fir.
I love rediscovering my favorite Christmas ornaments among the branches of the tree and recalling the memories of past times.
I love playing Scum with my family (and the satisfaction of starting as scum but ending up as king).
I love standing around the piano and singing Christmas carols.
I love eating my mom's rolls fresh out of the oven.

As usual, Linds and I were told to go to bed early. It was a bit funny to be told to go to bed, because we both stay up later than our parents on a regular basis, but we were willing to oblige. Lindsey was the first one up on Sunday morning, which seems fitting as she is the baby of the family. :)

It was sweet to watch my parents open up their gifts from us. Linds and I both did good this year--Lindsey and her boyfriend got my parents a beautiful set of pots and pans, while I made my mom a scrapbook of her travels back east this past winter, and got my dad an awesome book on the history of flight. As I've gotten older it's much more fun to give gifts than to receive them!

The damage done.
Cassie the Cat, wanting to be in on all the excitement.
Linds et moi.
After the opening of the presents we went to Church as a family and were able to focus on the purpose and true meaning of the holiday--our Savior's birth.

Here's to Christmas, spending time with family, and for the birth and life our Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails