Saturday, April 7, 2012

A few favorites of the moment

I know, it's been a while, huh?

Of late, I often have those moments when I sit down at my computer with full intentions to write,and then...nothing.. Inspiration gone.

 I don't know what's happening to me. It's not like I don't have things to write about. I do. Life has become immensely more interesting over the past couple of months. New Year's resolutions have actually come to fruition (sadly, not the one for lipstick)!

But all I can really think about is how much I want it to be summer right now. In the Northwest. Mr. Weather is such a tease. Giving us sun one moment and torrential down pours and wind the next. Oh, well. I'm just impatient is all. This is really becoming apparent in my life of late.

Anyhow, on to my favorites of the moment:

Lemons--I'm slightly obsessed. Always have been, really, but it seems to come out a bit more when spring has sprung. I'm addicted to Dreyer's (or Edy's on the East Coast) Lemonade popsicles. A-Mazing! I pretty much love all forms of lemonade, but my favorite right this second is blackberry lemonade. Yup, it's as delicious as its sounds.

Pretzels--this week I learned how to make pretzels with a dear friend from high school, and they were sooo good that I had to try out the recipe myself tonight. And they were pretty good, I must admit. A new favorite.

Jane By Design--a new favorite show (and I may have started and finished the first season this week(. It was on netflix, and I needed a show in the background as I was doing other things. And it's pretty amazing.

Chicago--I think it's my new favorite city. I had the change to visit earlier in the month, and loved everything about it. I mean, it doesn't get better than a city on a lake with beaches, right? Maybe Miami could compare, maybe? I felt like it had the best of the West mixed with what I loved in the East. Loved it.

Ellie Goulding--she's just amazing. Her sound Lights, is one of my favorites. I came across this little video earlier today, and had to share. It's sooo good. Ellie normally is all electronic, so it's really neat to be able to hear her go acoustic.

Please enjoy! (I was just there, too!!!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

ummmmm. next time you come to Chicago and don't tell me, I won't be as forgiving!!!! i'm also loving lemon--next foray is a lemon icebox cake. in the last week, i've also made lemon sticky rolls and lemon crinkle cookies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails