Saturday, February 21, 2009

Connecting the Dots

So as you probably have noticed, I'm not in Taiwan anymore. Many are surprised that I made it out to DC so quickly. So where in the States have I been in the last month? Let's connect the dots...

This was our first stop. Can you guess where we were?

I said "Hi" to my good friend Jessica in her hometown...













Drank some Lithia water (so refreshing!)...

















Encountered some sunnier, warmer weather while visiting my grandpa. I was even able to break out my Chacos--my feet were happy to be in sandals again!













We saw some amazing cloud formations....


















Saw a gorgeous church...













Visited Bill Clinton's hometown (by accident. That's the house he lived in!)...













Fortunately it was in Bill Clinton's hometown (or was it birth place?) that I had my first encounter with a Waffle House. And it was swell!













We sped by Talledega Speedway...













Saw CNN....


















And some other interesting things in the South...















Fireworks were everywhere!



Finally, Mom and I made it to our nation's capital! The National Mall still bore the marks of the inauguration that occurred a week before. So did you connect the dots? How many states did I drive through? Ok, I'll go ahead and tell you: Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. Fourteen states in a week and half. And let me tell you, we could definitely feel it by the time we finished. I don't think I want to do a road trip that long for quite a while. But I'm grateful for my mom who so willingly made the trek out with me. I don't think I could have done it without her, despite what she says. :)

Here's to the greatest mom in the world: mine!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow that is quite the road trip! It looks like you had fun though. How sweet of your mom to go with you! I hope you have a great time on your new adventure in DC

Anonymous said...

That's a cool trip! I'm excited to see you there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails