Saturday, March 28, 2009

Metro Happenings

One of the reasons why I was so excited to come out to DC was the public transportation. I really do prefer it to driving everywhere, especially since I can do my part to reduce pollution and conserve gas.

I went into the city yesterday to pick up a check (Hooray! income!), and on my way back, I sat in front of a man who apparently didn't get enough sleep the night before. I was enjoying my new book (Vilette), when all of a sudden the loudest noise pierced the relative quiet. His snore was so loud I couldn't help but laugh. I expected that he would wake himself up with his snoring, but boy was I wrong! He just got louder and louder. His snoring attracted the attention of everyone in our area. Snickers, giggles and eye contact bonded us together, and for that one moment, I felt a sense of community with my fellow commuters. Funny, I know. But all the same true.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails