Yes, I had a birthday. And no, I wasn't too excited about it. Last year I hit quarter century (the big 25), and frankly the thought of turning 26 was a bit much. At least 25 still sounds somewhat young, but 26 is over the hump--I'm now headed into my late 20s. The funny this is, I'm really not one of those people who dreads birthdays, but this year was a bit different. I'm in a new place, with not a lot of friends, away from home. And as far as I know, no one was aware that my birthday was even coming up. If I were still in Taiwan, I know exactly what I would have done, but being in DC I was a bit stumped.
But then I had a fabulous idea...why not go to New York? So I did...
And I had a glorious time with my one of my oldest friends, Ilene (Ilene and I have known each other since 4th grade when we played on the same softball team. She has an amazing arm!). Ilene and her friends took me around to all the sights, and treated me to a sweet birthday, complete with a scrumptious cupcake from Magnolia Bakery.
Me in Central Park
Ilene and I hanging out with John and Jorge--male models from Portugal.
Melissa (Ilene's good friend), Ilene and I at Max Brenner.
So this birthday, which I though was going to be bummer, ended up being one of my best ones ever!
Three cheers for Ilene who is a great friend and made my birthday so memorable!!!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Muffinki! I'm glad you went on an adventure and had fun with Ilene. NY is pretty crazy- seriously huge and overwhelming. Take care my friend!
Shannon, I hope it was a great birthday! I remembered your b-day, but didn't do anything. Sorry! NYC is a great way to spend it! Ilene's out there now? Fun stuff!
Ah! I wish I had known you were in NYC last weekend. Candace Toth was actually in town celebrating her birthday too!! Does Ilene live in NYC now? Tell her hello :)
Hope settling into DC is going well!
you got MALE MODELS for your 26th birthday! i can't imagine anything better!!
Post a Comment