Saturday, May 9, 2009

Life as I now know it...

My hands smell like latex. My cuticles are ripped and torn. My shirt is stained with blackberries. I've yet again discovered muscles I didn't even know I had (and I've had many chance to discover new muscles). My mind is busy. I've been waiting for this moment for such a long time!

I've now completed two full weeks as a crew member at good ol' Trader Joe's. It is so nice to be doing something. I've lifted, hauled, stacked, picked, placed, tasted, scooted, blown up, fetched, carried, sliced, shoved, smashed, tripped (I'm a klutz), almost broken, knocked over, scraped, pushed, pulled, and sensed more than I have in a very long while. I hurt. My body is still not used to the all the physical labor, and I'm excited for the day that my body doesn't automatically shut down at 9:30 pm. And I feel that day coming very soon.

Work = Happiness.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you are loving your job! Sounds really great. There's nothing quite like that good kind of exhausted.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Manual labor can be satisfyingly exhaustive. Sounds like there's a lot of ACTION going on there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails