Baseball is the American past-time, and I've loved it ever since I was a wee little lass. Being the first child, I may have had a slight advantage over my younger siblings in that my parents signed me up for everything. I did tap, ballet, gymnastics, swimming, soccer (bad experience, don't want to talk about it), basketball, golf camp, tennis camp, horse back riding camp...you get the picture. But some of my favorite childhood memories come from playing baseball with my dad, on a team, or a pick-up game with the other neighborhood kids.When we were younger, my dad would take my brother and I to the Kingdome in Seattle to see the Mariners play. It was an absolute treat. I remember buying peanuts from street vendors to take inside, sitting way out in the out-field, and loving every minute of the game.
This past week i was reminded again how much I love baseball games. My friend Heather invited me to go with her work to the Nationals game. I thought it was very fitting to see the American past-time in the nation's capital. My childhood memories flooded back, leaving me with an intense sense of nostalgia.
Even though I've lived all over the world (kinda), there really is no place like America. I am proud to be an American! And I'm proud to be an American who loves baseball!
No comments:
Post a Comment