Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bumbershoot: a festival of the arts--primarily music and other awesome stuffs

Ah, Bumbershoot. Oh how I love thee!

Each year over Labor Day, the city of Seattle hosts a spectacular arts and music festival at the Seattle Center.

Ever since I can remember my dear mum would take my siblings and I to Bumbershoot as a treat before the new school year started. We would always start at the Children's Museum progress to the cool kids crafts and end up with painted faces listening and dancing to a band my mom loved.

As I got older, friends replaced my family (that sounds bad, but only in this instance), henna tattoos replaced painted faces, and soon I was going to see the bands that I wanted to see.

After I graduated high school, the fun tradition ended. College always started before Labor Day, and I just couldn't justify returning home after having spent a week at school. So, for eight years I've yearned to go, yet was never able to. That all ended this past Labor Day, when my friends Aaron and Christina indulged me and accompanied me to the awesome festival.

Did I set myself up for disappointment? Perhaps. Was I disappointed? Absolutely not! It was pretty much awesome!

 Bands seen: Civil Twilight, Jamie Lidell, and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes.
Food eaten: pad thai, swimming rama, mango lemonade.
Fun had: spades!

Here's to music, friends, and the blessed city of Seattle!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails