Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Weekend!

I have a confession...I'm a geek. Seriously, I am. Do you want to know why? Well, maybe you don't, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I love K-pop. Korean Pop. And I'm proud of it. I have to admit that listening to K-pop in the morning really makes the rest of my work day bearable. It's a ray of sunshine in my somewhat depressing underground office, no matter how ridiculous that ray may be.

Do you want to know what else? I LOVE Korean dramas. Last week was a tough one:

 crummy work week+ getting hit by a car while riding my bike= unhappy Shannon. 

So I decided to hole up in my room and watch Boys Before Flowers, a fabulous drama that was recommended to me by several friends (really cute guys, a love triangle, rich vs. poor, soul mates --what more could you ask for?). I just could not get enough. I had to know how it ended!
(The guy in the middle is my new celebrity crush. Sorry James McAvoy. Better Luck next time.)
 Luckily, my friends Windy and Kelsey both happened to be watching it that very same week (ironic because we live in 3 different states, and it was completely unplanned), so I was able to voice my frustration to them.

By the way,
 nothing brings
 girls
 closer together 
than a cheesy
 chick flick
 with really
 cute boys!

Anyhow, I dedicate this week's music video to Windy, who just so happened to introduce me to this group, SS501



(Oh, and you're possibly wondering what the connection is between Boys Before Flowers  and SS501. Well, one of the lead singers stars in the show, but you couldn't tell because he looks completely different. See if you can spot him. In the picture, he's the one on the far right.)

12 comments:

Windy Dawn said...

Haha! Oh Shannon you just made my day! :D (Only I should tell you one of your pictures didn't go through so I don't know which one is your new celeb crush...). I'm assuming it's Gu JunPyo?

And I totally agree, K-Pop has a way of brightening my day. I'm so glad I have you to share this love with ;)

Windy Dawn said...

PS, when are we going to South Korea for vacation? We could visit that island they go to on the show, is it Jeju?

Jo said...

Shannon! I wish we grew up closer together so we could be best friends! I have 2 good Korean friends from high school and they totally got me hooked on Korean dramas. I'm in love with Rain, another singer/actor so I've pretty much just watched whatever he's been in.

Ash said...

I love that you love these guys, whenever you post a music video I watch it over and over again and sing it all day!

Shan said...

Thanks for the heads up Windy! I got it fixed. And you are right! We really should look into going to Korea. Hmmm.

Jo! Seriously, I wish we had grown up closer together too. I'm so glad that I have family that does enjoy the same things I do. Any chance you'll move out to DC? Well, on second thought, I'm trying to move back to Seattle, so that might not be the greatest idea. :)

Ash--you're just great! I'm glad you like the music videos!

Christina Beacham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Windy Dawn said...

Atta-girl Christina! ;)

Christina Beacham said...

Ooo Shan, you got me hooked. I'm loving Boys Before Flowers.

Jan Di is my favorite!

Shan said...

Mine is definitely Gu JunPyo! Something about the heartless jerk willing to do anything for the girl he loves gets me every time. Kinda sad, huh?

Anyhow, I'm glad you're hooked! Windy got me hooked on Playful Kiss, and it's driving me crazy because the season isn't over yet, and I can't watch the episodes at the rate I'd like to. Haha!

Kelly said...

Ok, did the whole getting-hit-by-a-car thing not alarm anyone else?!!! I think that needs to be a blog post unto itself. That is crazy! I hoped you flipped off the driver

Shan said...

Thanks for your concern Kels! I'll blog about that just for you!

Stephanie said...

So, I have to admit, that was my first encounter with K-pop...and it's pretty catchy! I'm a fan :)
And uh yeah, that's what I was wondering about too... you got hit by a car?!? I guess you're okay enough to be blogging, but what happened??

Related Posts with Thumbnails