Thursday, March 31, 2011

Věřím

So this video is a bit overdue (more because I don't want to wait until tomorrow to truly post it, because I've got another). You're probably wondering if I ever listen to English music these days. The answer is no. Well, not really no, but mostly not. I rediscovered my French and Czech music collection (and by collection, I mean   2 or 3 albums of each--not very expansive).

I first heard Iva Fruhlingova while I was on my mission in the Czech Republic (woot) 6 years ago (gasp! it's really been that long!). She's Czech, but lives in France and sings mostly in French (for whatever reason). Hence she was the perfect mixture of my two favorite countries at the time (I have since lived in Taiwan--it is now a third favorite).

Anyhow, this is my favorite song of hers--I love the actual music (very French, non?), I love the lyrics, and I love her voice. Whenever I hear it I want to prance around my house, twirling in a flowy dress, and pretend it sunny outside (because most days it isn't).

I'm not going to translate, because my Czech skills are lacking these days. But please enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails