Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm feeling like a bit of Kele...

So, I've been MIA on this here blog for a bit. There is good reason: 1) My dear mum came to town 2) I had a birthday 3) general awesomeness ensued.

I'll be writing more about those things and the like at a later date--hopefully this weekend. It is Friday as you know, and Friday = sharing of awesome music that I've been listening to non-stop all week. Aren't you excited?  It's my favorite.
As many of you know, I've been obsessed with this little ol' British band called Bloc Party for quite some time now. They are seriously my go-to group (aside from Arcade Fire, of course). The band itself is on a bit of break at the moment, but the lead singer, Kele Okereke, has come out with a solo album. I'm in love. How could I not? 

One of the things I love the most about Bloc Party and Kele, is the passion in their music. You can tell they really feel and believe what they sing. A lot of their songs have resounded with me (if I had a soundtrack to my life, most of it would be Bloc Party). But a tragically funny thing happened this week. I read some of the rare interviews that Kele has given, and I found that I was WAY OFF on what I thought my favorite songs were about. I was bummed for most Wednesday. Ask my roommates. 

Yet....that does not mean that my love for Bloc Party has vanished. I'm going to pretend that I never discovered the true meanings behind the songs, and be happy in my fake, blissful ignorance. 

And here is a song for you to enjoy: (I did not misinterpret this one). 

3 comments:

kenzis said...

I was JUST thinking I needed some new music and wallah I read your blog :-) Hope you had a happy, happy birthday :-)

Ruthie said...

I had not heard of Kele before. Good stuff! Love his sound.

Unknown said...

infinity friend! i LOVE you and your blog. let's play!

Related Posts with Thumbnails