I have to admit that my taste in music is a bit...
...Odd?
...Eclectic?
...Rad (just maybe)?
In 5th grade I made a very important decision (at least to a fifth grader with her reputation on the line) that I would only listen to rock/grunge/alternative music. At that time I started band, and would ride to school with the junior high students, and I decided that I needed to stop listening to KUBE 93.3 and start listening to 107.7 THE END (what all the cool kids were listening to). And good thing I did, otherwise I would have missed out on Kurt Cobain and Soundgarden (Smells Like Teen Spirit, and Black Hole Sun are two of my all-time favorite songs).
For the longest time, I was the biggest music snob, and I guess I still can be today. I don't like most country, rap, R&B, and the sugary sweet pop music that is so common nowadays.
That's why it's so ironic that ever since Super Junior rocked my world with Sorry, Sorry, I've been hooked on Korean pop music. My intern Chanel laughs at me whenever she comes into my office. Some days I'll be listening to Florence + the Machine, Sigur Ros, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, etc. and the next I'll be listening to G.NA, SS501, SuJu, or all the other groups whose names I don't really know beacuase they are in Korean characters.
Anyhow, this past week was a K-pop week. I even bought some on i-Tunes. That's kind of a huge deal.
Here is one of the songs I got by an artist named Taeyang.
Please enjoy!
7 comments:
Haha! I LOVE this post!! I kinda feel like I could post this word for word as my own post and it'd be true. (minus having an intern). ;)
PS, I started Coffee Prince this week.
I really enjoyed Coffee Prince! Lee Sun Gyun is my new celebrity crush. He's also in Pasta. I just started watching My Princess, and I LOVE it!
Funny you should say that... My Princess was the other one I was looking at and I had to choose between the two of them. I ultimately decided on CP since MP is currently running. This way I won't have to wait impatiently from week to week.
I need to check out some k-pop!
This is funny Shannon. So how did you enjoy living with us Pop music super fans at BYU? Ha ha. I think you really must like pop music deep down in your heart because I listened to this K-pop and it is as sugary sweet as can be, just in Korean.
Whit! You caught me! :) I do have to admit that I'll listen to pop music in the car or before a dance. Or when I work out. But for the most part it's rock.
I did love living with you guys though! JT forever!
Shannon! I did not know you worked at the Smithsonian. I knew you worked at some museum, but I did not know it was the Smithsonian! I would have totally come visit you. We were only in DC for 6 hours, but it was a crazy 6 hours. I hope you are doing well. I didn't know you were a blogger either. I will now be stalking you. :)
Post a Comment