Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend!

So I was bit disappointed when I realized that I'd be spending a second 4th of July in a row outside the lovely, grand, country of America and was determined to celebrate it this year no matter what (last year I missed out on the festivities because I had to finish lesson plans). So where else should an American girl celebrate the 4th, but at the restaurant of awesomeness--Humanitics. Yes, I look kinda discussing. The humidity has caused my hair to fro, and for my makeup to melt. But that was one mighty fine rasperry drink thingy.

The plan for after our amazing dinner of sorts was to see a totally American movie--Transformers. But we were somewhat delayed by the monsoon rains that sporadically come and go, but on that particular day, a bit more frequent than usual. After running from one convenience store to another trying to find coveted ponchos we finally set out for our destination, only to find that all the tickets were sold out. Dang it!

But we did not despair...Sarah, my newly made friend, is an avid Chuck watcher, as am I. So instead of watching the heavily anticipated blockbuster we returned to the school and dreamily watched the tale of a computer nerd turned CIA/NSA's top-secret secret.

There were no fire works, there were no anthems, but that will never change the fact that deep down inside that I am proud to be an AMERICAN!
America,









Peace!

3 comments:

The Bergant Family said...

And what better way to spend the fourth than enjoying another country but being proud of your own! Sounds like it was fun, despite the set-backs!

Shannon said...

That sounds like a great 4th. Also, I want the drink right now. I am still jealous of your amazing curly hair! It looks really cute a little shorter like that (or is it just pulled back?).

kachiai said...

You are back in Taiwan? When did this happen

Related Posts with Thumbnails