I haven't written much about my time in DC, or about the people that surrounded me there. One of my wonderful roomates in DC--Danya--is from Mexico City. She is warm, funny, and absolutely gorgeous! Often she would come home from a long day at work and make Horchata--a refreshing drink on those hot and humid summer nights. Lucky me--she was also incredibly generous with sharing her authentic Mexican food secrets. She knew I was soon going to find myself in the land of rice, and she taught me how to make this delectable treat. Bless her!Last night was the perfect evening for such a treat. Five of us Berhaners got together for a
spiritual thought, an AMAZING game of MASH (flash back to grade school days), and Horchata. The evening could have only been enjoyed by a group of 20-something ex-pats. And it was glorious.
spiritual thought, an AMAZING game of MASH (flash back to grade school days), and Horchata. The evening could have only been enjoyed by a group of 20-something ex-pats. And it was glorious. My future is to be spent living in the lap of luxury in a gorgeous mansion, with James McAvoy, who is no longer an adorable actor, but a lawyer. Those are probably the only good things about my proposed future because I am also to work in a sweat shop in Mexico working for 1 cent an hour. I will have 25 children, and have dinosaur as a pet. But I guess another redeeming item is that I spent my honeymoon on the Croatian coast. Lovely.
Overall these are the nights that make memories. I'm excited for much more with this awesome group of people!
4 comments:
I love it! And I salute you on your picture of darling James- you will have beautiful children!
At least they'll be 25 cute kids.
I want to know the secrets of horchata! Lucky...
Sounded like a lot of fun. Man, that game brings me back!!! Sounds like a fabulous future! You can't go wrong. :)
James McAvoy? Good choice, my friend. I, too, love horchata. I had a roommate that majored in Spanish and she made for one of her classes. Delicious!!
Post a Comment