Best Night Out
Ok, so this may seem a bit lame, but my favorite night out of the year was really chill and back when I first returned to Taiwan. It was a Friday night after a loooooong day of teaching and a few of us decided to go to 85 C-- a local bakery. The outside air was the perfect temperature and the company was amazing. Good friends, good conversation--you can't get any better than that.
I was so relieved to be doing something outside of the school. It was the perfect evening. I was rejuvenated for the next morning of class at the grand ol' hour of 8am.
Blog Find of the Year
There are two of these really. I've been trying to be more health conscious and lose some weight, and I ran into Ex Hot Girl about six months ago. She's funny and inspiring, and it feels good to know that I'm not alone out there with this challenge.
The other is almost like a guilty pleasure, minus the guilty part. It's called Nat the Fat Rat, and she just makes me smile. I can relate to her on a different level from the first. Check them both out if you get the chance.
Moment of Peace
Thanksgiving morning--or rather our makeshift Thanksgiving morning considering we celebrated on a Saturday--when I decided to ride to the end of the bike trail. The bike trail itself is 12 km long, and I don't know how many km I had to ride to get there, but it was definitely over a 24 km ride. It was a beautiful day, and it was amazing to spend it out of doors. The bike trail takes you over a few bridges, and let me just say that rivers in Taiwan are so dramatic. The crystal clear blue water against the gray rocks always causes me to stare in wonder. I loved watching the fisherman down on the river and the various groups out on the bike trail. It was wonderful to get away from it all and to have that time to myself to catch my breath.
1 comment:
Shannon, I like your Best of 2009. You always have creative posts. As for the job, I read back a bit, that's cool that you got one, and one that you like, so quickly! That's also fun that John interviewed in Seattle and that you got to see Kellyn.
Post a Comment