One fine Seattle day, the three of us plus my mom made a trip into the city, to show Tausha the sites, and reacquaint ourselves with our hometown. Having been away for practically eight years, I'd forgotten why I love Seattle so much. I've lived in other big cities all over the world, but nothing quite compares to how I feel in the Emerald City.
Anyhow...the hot spots we hit:
The Seattle Art Museum--we were there on the first Thursday of the month, so admission was free. We were able to see the Calder and Michelangelo exhibits. It felt good to look at art. It's been almost eight months since I left DC, and I think I took the Smithsonian for granted. I've missed it.
Pike's Place Market--quite possibly my favorite place. There are just too many great memories with Pike's Place for it not to be. Since it was during the week, it wasn't as crowded as it normally is when I get down there. The flower sellers already had tulips and daffodils! It was bliss.
The Original Starbucks--I don't drink coffee, but I sure do love Starbucks hot chocolate. It was fun to be in the original store. The atmosphere is very different from any other Starbucks I've ever been too. Plus it was standing room only.
{See how different it is?}
The Fremont Troll--Fremont is one of the coolest parts of town, and if you ever go there, you can't miss the troll under the bridge. It's made an appearance in many movies. The one I can think of the most is Ten Things I Hate About You.
Gasworks Park--I had no idea how close this was to Fremont--just down the street really. I've been wanting to go here for ages, thinking I've never been. Apparently I've been there when I was just a wee lass, but, you know, it's hard to remember those sorts of things.
{Gasworks Park}
{Me, Chad, and Tausha. The peace-sign was an ode to Taiwan}
{A guy and his slack-line}
{The house boats of Lake Union (think Sleepless in Seattle)}
{View of the Space Needle, EMP, the Seattle Science Museum and Mt. Ranier}
{View of West Seattle, where the first people of Seattle settled.
The point was too exposed so they moved further in Elliot Bay to where the city is today.}
All in all, it was a wonderful day, and it was great to spend it with Chad and Tausha. Next time she comes up, I promised her we'd make a trip out to Forks. I mean really...how could you not?
No comments:
Post a Comment