Saturday, January 30, 2010

Into the Woods

Do you know that musical? The one with Little Red, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and all the other fairy tales I forgot? Do you? I didn't either until my dear friends Arwyn and Fenny introduced me to it a month and a half ago. It was spectacular and you must see it--you simply must.

But this post isn't about the musical. Really. It isn't. Rather it's about my own journey into the woods last weekend. The day was rainy and cold, like any other Northwestern day. But that didn't deter us from our outing to Wallace Falls. I picked up my friend old friend Kelsey, and my new friends Caitlyn, Christina and Steve; we packed into my Explorer; and away we went! Flying through the streets of Duvall, Monroe, and down old Highway 2. Our destination was in the middle of nowhere, but that's where the best trails lie.

It's a beautiful hike, if you ever get the chance to go. Here are some pictures of our expedition:
 {The crew at the beginning of the hike...before it started raining}
{Christina and her little dog, Ruby. Ruby was so excited to out hiking...or maybe it was marking her territory}
 {Rivers in Washington wouldn't be the same without driftwood}
{Kelsey artfully carving her name into a dead tree} 
{A view of the river from one of the many hills}
 {I love misty mountains!}

And, I just realized that I don't have a picture of the actual falls. By the time we got up to the lower falls it was pouring rain, and the trail was starting to get slick. Luckily I had my sister's trusty lavender poncho from 15 years ago. Yeah, it was pretty funny. Go ahead and laugh.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks gorgeous! What a fun hike. It's fun to be out in the rain sometimes. Also, I quite enjoyed the animated movie of Into the Woods. Pretty funny.

Indy said...

I have seen that play!! It is super long, but very fun. And, that looked like a beautiful hike!!!

The Bergant Family said...

Oh, I love our home! Thanks for the gorgeous pictures!

Brandon Patterson said...

Oh how I love a good WA hike. Also, great reference to my all-time favorite musical!

Related Posts with Thumbnails