Thursday, January 27, 2011

Look what I woke up to...

So you may not be terribly impressed (especially if you hail from Utah or Idaho), but look at the snow!!! We got at least 6 inches last night, which is quite impressive for the DC area. Schools are cancelled, but the Federal Government is only delayed 2 hours! I'm very sad that I have to make the trek into the city, knowing that I'll face an empty office. But someone's gotta do it.

Now I know the difference between driving in wet snow and driving in dry snow. Wet snow clings to EVERYTHING, making it impossible to see out any window. Yesterday afternoon we had early dismissal (I felt like I was in elementary school again) because they (as in the weather people) knew that this storm was rolling in. When I left DC, I thought they were kidding because there was only a slight misty rain falling. Yet, when I got to my metro stop at 4:15pm the snow was coming down. Hard. And sticking! I knew I had to make a grocery store run before things got any worse (and to get new RedBox movies). The grocery store isn't too far from where I live, but I have to admit that I fishtailed a bit. When I got out of the grocery store an hour later (very long lines you see. Everyone had the same idea as me. We're all geniuses.) it was mayhem! Slush up to there, cars stalled in the middle of the road, others completely abandoned. All because of the dang wet snow that was coming down intensely.

It took my roommates 2 1/2 hours to get home last night. For once I was grateful that I metro into and out of the city. And like every good roommate, I had warm Chex Mix and movies waiting for them. It was a blissful, cozy evening.

Did I mention how much I love the snow?

2 comments:

kenzis said...

Ha ha I love that everywhere else besides Utah/Idaho stops to this much snow. Like in Woodinville we only need a few inches and everything was shut down and school was out for the day! Sometimes I wish this was the case here, because then I would pretend it was a good excuse to just cuddle by the fire and not get anything done. :-)

O. said...

look at all that snow....brrrrr i wouldn't mind a little cooler weather,it's rather warm here in florida

Related Posts with Thumbnails