Friday, January 14, 2011

Well, hello there 2011...


2010 ended with a bang (haha, aren't I witty?), and the New Year is finally here. I'm feeling very optimistic about 2011. It's going to be a good year. It's funny that I said that on my golden birthday this year, but things didn't really turn out as I had planned. But then again, when do they ever?

The start of a new year always yeilds new goals or resolutions. I have to admit that I probably keep them for a month, but then forget all about them. But, I really do have a couple of goals for this year. Nothing major. I've been on the quest for a new hobby as of late. Lately I've been spending my time hanging out with my friends (definitely a good thing), watching k-dramas (kind of a waste of time), and reading. And trying to come up with ways to change and organize my pitifully small room with no wall space (let me tell you, it's been a challenge). Anyhow, here are my small goals for this new year:

1. take a Chinese class
2. learn how to knit
3. paint my room and paint it well

Oh! I forgot...in addition to these goals I also want to look for more opportunities to serve those around me, and be a better blogger. I think these will go hand in hand. I'm a firm believer that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. I think this is why I've been absent from writing on this here blog. No one really wants to read someone else's depressing rants, right? Or at least I don't. So...here's how I'm looking at it: if I serve more people, I'll be more optimistic, and therefore I'll have a more exciting and bright outlook on life. This will yield amazing stories and experiences (or  I'll gain a better idea of who I am, and what my purpose is).  This will be the new beginning for my blog. And for me. 

Aren't you excited about the possibilities? I sure am. So this is my first step towards my goals in the New Year (and new decade by golly). 

And just because my New Year's was amazingly cool (complete with a masquerade), I will leave you a video of the actual event. Please enjoy the fireworks (aren't they magical?).

1 comment:

Windy Dawn said...

Love the video, such a fun night! And I like what you had to say about serving others. Totally agree. I don't make new years resolutions, but perhaps that should be one of my plain resolutions. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails