Friday, April 8, 2011
Frustrations of an almost Fed
For the record, I'm technically not a federal employee, but I do work for the government. And, can I just say that I'm incredibly frustrated with the government? I mean really. Really.
The 2010 fiscal year is half over, and the budget is still not approved because the two political parties can't compromise. Let's not forget that this budget was supposed to be approved before the start of the fiscal year. As a result the government may shut down, if they don't work it out in the next 2.75 hours. Last I checked Reid and Boehner were still blaming each other for the stalemate.
Many people may not really understand what would happen in the government shut down. It may not be as huge of an impact around the country, but DC will pretty much be a ghost town. And let's remember that it's the middle of the Cherry Blossom Festival and Spring Break--major tourism season for us. All of the museums will be closed (at least the free ones), all the monuments will be closed, all the federal buildings will be closed, etc. The IRS will stop processing tax returns, national parks around the country will be closed, and the military won't be paid until after the issue is resolved.
And let's not forget all the man hours, stress and energy that has gone into making contingency plans for "just in case."
And most importantly to me, I won't get paid.
Furloughed, baby.
Don't you just love it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment