Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happiness


Wow, has life been busy of late, what with getting ready for Halloween and all. Kind of silly, but I'm loving it! I have SOOO much to be happy about! ...And I realized much of it has to do with friends and family. So here goes nothing:

1. Making new friends at church and finding out we have so much in common!

2. Seeing a friend at good ol' Trader Joe's. We have a TJ's bond. I used to work at the one at Tyson's Corner, VA, and she works at the one in Kirkland, WA. We are awesome therefore, TJ's is awesome.

3. Ilene. She makes me happy. Ilene and I have known each other since 4th grade when her dad was our softball coach. She's been one of dearest friends ever since. She's one of those friends that you pick up just where you left off. We haven't seen each other in almost a year even though we've lived in the same town for the past 5 months. Friday night a couple of friends and I were at Belle Square, and Ilene works there. I poked my head into where she works, just to see if she was there. And she was! And what a reunion it was!

4. Frozen yogurt. I know I'm a nerd, but this seriously makes me so happy! Reminds me of DC.

5. New shoes. I now have a pair of black flats. It's been years since I've had black flats! And I love them!

6. Having a new crush. It's what makes the world go round.

7. Going to the doctor and finding that nothing is terribly wrong with my body. Hallelujah!

8. Fall leaves. I love fall in Seattle. It's not like back east, but I love seeing the patches of color mixed in with the dark evergreens. Lovely. Simply lovely.

9. Spontaneous dance parties. I think I participated in at least two this week. And learned how to salsa, bachata, and one other Latin dance I can't remember. It was a blast.

10. Decorating for Halloween. My friend Brittany posted this lovely, easy craft on her website, and I tried it out this weekend. It turned out quite well I must admit. And it inspired me to make a Halloween hat for Friday night. We'll see how that goes.

What made you happy this week?

2 comments:

The Bergant Family said...

Hello!!! I love your happy list! And I love knowing who you are taking about. I love Ilene too but haven't seen her in forever. We really need to havea runion. :) And congrats congrats on your 50 plus pound loss! That is truly amazing and awesome! Losng weight is really hard. It should be easy, but it is NOT! :)

Ruthie said...

I love hearing how happy you are Shannon. Miss you here in DC....soooo much!!!! xoxoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails