Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here's to 2012




You may have caught on that I love the beginning of the year. No? Well, I truly do. 

New years are shiny and new (obviously), an open book, full of untold possibilities. And I think 2012 is going to be absolutely fabulous. I can just feel it. 

Many of my friends know that I adore Bridget Jones. Bridget Jones's Diary could possibly be my favorite movie. Bridget is so endearing. She has flaws. She's been unlucky in love. But she has gumption and doesn't let set-backs keep her down. And she ends up with Colin Firth. Who wouldn't love that?

Anyways, one of the main things of the book/movie is that she sets goals. Sometimes she keeps them, but more often than not she's not so good about it. But overall she is working toward change in her life, even though it may not be as quickly as she'd like (I can't believe I'm analyzing Bridget Jones).

Since it's the new year, it's time for some of my own goals. Cuz if you aren't working toward something, you're falling backwards. 

So here are some of my quirky, small, big, short-term, long-term goals for the year. They are in no particular order, might I add...
  • Wear lipstick everyday - there's just something about lipstick that makes you feel so glamorous
  • Make my bed everyday - it makes my room look that much more clean
  • Read my scriptures everyday - best pick-me-up and faith builder
  • Pray everyday - communication with God is soooo important
  • Go to Praha - it's been far too long since I've been in the Czech Republic. Hopefully my mom and I can combine it with a trip to Estonia.
  • Date someone - really. This needs to happen. No joke.
  • Be brave - My dear friend, Maggie, creates a motto to live by each year, which I think is super cool. This was her motto for 2011.  I love Maggie! Such and inspiration!
  • Complete a 5-star Sudoku on my own - my ex and I used to do these together. He was super smart, and he did most of the work. But there's no reason why I can't be that smart too.
  • Exercise regularly - I'm not going to put down how many days a week. Regularly I think works.
  • Blog regularly - I need to keep up my writing skills, and what better place than here?
  • Be nice - I pretty much have this down, but sometimes there are people that rub me the wrong way--I need to be nice to them too.
  • Go shooting - this just sounds cool
  • Love life - sometimes I get caught up in the things that aren't going well. My friends have accused me of living in the past, or having the grass-is-always-greener syndrome. I need to live in the moment and love it.
Let's see if I can keep them up. I'll have to make some smaller goals in order to achieve the larger ones, but I think it's doable. What are some of your goals for the year?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I loved reading your goals Shannon! And, I also believe you have "be nice" pretty much down. :)

Lex said...

One of my goals is to write one thing I'm thankful for everyday (I put it in my phone in the "notes" section so I can basically write it whenever). And if I forget a day, which has already happened, dang it, I just make it up and keep a thankful note for each day!
Also I'm doing Personal progress with the YW so I am reaching those goals and I am learning how to sew as a project. Very exciting. I already hemmed one of my husband's Church shirts he got because it was a "tall" and we couldn't take it back. I felt so good and accomplished!

Shan said...

Thanks Katie! I do try! :)

Way to go Lex. One day I'd like learn how to sew. I think it would be interesting to do PP again. They've added new value, right?

Jo said...

Bridget Jones is the best- I completely agree with your analysis :) I love your resolutions, I'm still working on my list. PS, with your lipstick goal does that mean you've found a good brand?

Shan said...

Jo, I'm in love with MAC. It's a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails