Friday, April 24, 2009

Check, Check

Ever since the start of the new year, I've been meaning to set some new goals for myself. But in the craziness of returning to the States and then moving to DC, I haven't made the time to reflect on what I now want out of life.

My senior year of high school, right before I began the new and exciting world of college, I sat down and made a list of about 20 things I wanted to accomplish in my life. They weren't all life goals, but some were. Others were things I wanted to do while at BYU. Last night I took a look at this list, and realized that there were only few left. That means I really needed to write a new list.

And so I did...and here it is:

What I Want to Accomplish in My Life--a list of sorts
  1. Get married in the Temple

  2. Have a family

  3. get a TESOL certificate and teach ESL

  4. take the foreign service exam

  5. brush up on my Czech and French

  6. learn Chinese

  7. run a half marathon

  8. run a marathon

  9. visit my mission

  10. work for a non-profit or begin my own

  11. have a savings

  12. go to hair school

  13. travel to Jerusalem

  14. see Petra

  15. see the Taj Mahal

  16. see the Great Wall of China

  17. get out of debt.

And that's my newly updated list. Hopefully I'll be able to check off some of those things soon! Goals are exciting, and I'm feeling more hopeful about my future in general. It's not like I haven't had an exciting life thus far, so I'm sure that I'm bound to have a few adventures in my future!

P.S. Look what I'm wearing today!!!

I'm wearing shorts!!! That means winter is no longer here. Huzzah!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is an amazing list. I know you will complete it too.

Also, woohoo for shorts weather!

Stephanie said...

Hooray for shorts!!

I love the list-- some of those goals are on my list too :) Keep us updated on how it goes!

Lex said...

I love your list too Shan! I didn't talk to you all day today. Way Wierd! I will have to call you Sunday! :) p.s. Prom was SO fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails