
We Summer, Wolfgang Tillmans, 2004
Ever since my eyes first laid upon the prints of Wolfgang Tillmans during his show at The Hirshorn Museum the summer of 2007, I knew I was in love. Since then, Tillmans has become my absolute favorite photographer. His unique, introspective works of art question the traditional meaning of landscape, and captures what it means and how it feels to live in today's world.We Summer, 2004, is my favorite. To me, it captures the essence of summer. I love the way the bubbles abstract the light, and give life to the scene. I love the energy, the color, the light.
I don't know if it is because Tillmans reminds me of my summer in DC as an intern, or if it's because I somehow link him in my mind to one of my favorite groups--Bloc Party (I think is the whole German/Eastern Europe connection)--but his art speaks to me. The method and the meaning behind his art is something I hope to someday possess.
Wolfgang Tillmans--BRILLIANT I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment