Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring!!!!

Spring is HERE!!! And the beautiful flowers shown above is evidence that warmer weather actually exists. I found myself in DC one cold and blustery morning (around 7:00) and decided to take a gander at the famous cherry blossoms by the Tidal Basin. I walked around the city for three hours (I needed the exercise) and of course ended up at my favorite monument....the Jefferson. I don't know what it is about this monument. It could quite possibly be the setting. actually that really is why I love it. It's so peaceful and secluded. And I have amazing memories there from years past. And Jefferson was pretty awesome!

Anyways, as I was strolling around the Tidal Basin and trying to keep my balance and not fall in (the wind was incredibly strong, let me tell you), I had a lovely time observing others around me enjoy the blossoms. And I must admit, I still have a soft spot in my heart for Asian tourists. They just make me happy.

I hope you enjoy my pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them!



















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails