The Best of 2009
Best Trip
Can you guess where this is? I'll give you a couple of hints:
- I was there exactly a year ago.
- It's hot.
- I road an elephant and slept with a hill tribe.
- And I went with 3 other incredibly cool people (the fourth, not as cool as of late).
- The air smelled of curry and coconut milk!
That's right! It's Thailand!
And I absolutely loved it. I'd go back in a heart beat.
Restaurant Moment
This one is a toss up between two. One is Ethipian food in Georgetown with a friend and her husband from Washington Seminar. Eating with your hands is always fun, and it was great to catch up with both of them.This was the other:
The Modern Toilet as found in Taichung, Taiwan. It was wild, and the food was surprisingly good. Only in Asia would bathrooms, toilets, and poo be cutesified.
Best Book
This one is hard as well, considering I've read so many books this year. But I think there are two that really helped me. Those of you who know me well, that this year was a tough one for many reasons, and I had to find a way to be happy. Authentic Happiness by Dr. Martin Seligman was excellent as well as Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I felt like her memoir, in particular, of getting over a heartbreaking relationship and learning to move on and love yourself was the kick in the pants that I really needed.
And... I'll end this entry right here. There are many more things where those came from, but I dare not make you suffer through a blog novel and a half. As much as I'm sure you adore my writing skills, I won't put you through that...
At least for now.
After all, tomorrow's another day.
(Muahaha!)






2 comments:
When the author of Eat, Pray, Love was on Oprah, I set out to the store to buy the book the very next day, but didn't because it was a documentary type book and I didn't think I'd enjoy that format. But if you so highly recommend it, maybe I'll give it a chance again. I am a sucker for 'self-help' types of books. Learning how to improve and rethink my life is so interesting to me!
You had an adventurous year. Part of me is jealous of the wonderful freedom and gumption you have. :) Although I don't think I could eat anything out of a toilet bowl, much less curry anything. I will have to check out Eat, Pray, Love from the library before I see the Julia Roberts movie of it.
Happy 2010!
Post a Comment