When I was little I loved to climb trees. And my neighborhood was full of them. I had three favorites: one in my backyard, one on the Tolt River Pipeline, and one by the large watertower by my house. Hidden from view, perched on the perfect branch, I could watch the world go by to my heart's content.
This is my new tree:
Or rather my new perch that is made out of tree.
It is conveniently located on the Mall.
And I can still conveniently watch the world go by.
Mostly unnoticed.
When I'm wearing sunglasses.
5 comments:
That looks blissful. Sitting on a bench in DC, people watching. Sigh. Wanna trade me lives for a couple weeks?!? :)
You are such a romantic. I love it!
So beautiful, it's making me homesick. Shannon's comment made me laugh, I was thinking the same thing. That sounds so nice!
I have to admit that lunch time is my bit of sanity in a hectic workplace. Tara, what part of Northern VA are you from?
Looks like you are living in a great place! It's been years since I was in the DC area, but I remember I liked it.
Post a Comment