Side note: I've totally lucked out.
In the past 4 months I've seen 3 of
my teaching buddies from Taiwan.
Seriously, how cool is that???
You remember Joseph, right? The one that I went with to the amazing waterfall near Taiping? Yeah, that's the one. Well, he came up last Friday for a visit. And it was soooo good to see him.{Me and Mr. Joseph. Taken from the picnic area of the BC Temple. Trying to hold onto our Taiwan style.}
Saturday, we took a little trip up to the Vancouver Temple open house with my ward (which is pretty much the best ward in the world). It was absolutely beautiful!
{The crew: Me, Diane, Jackie, Matt, Sam, Lyndsi, Aaren and Derek}
The temple tour was amazing, and I can't wait to get back to do an actual session!And then...we went to China Town!!!
{Me and Lynds at the gates}
And what did I see?
A wonderful park dedicated to Sun Yat-sen, the father of the ROC.
Complete with Chinglish. It made my day!
I was on the hunt for a dong gwa neo nai, or for pineapple cakes, but none were to be found. But, Diane, Matt and Jackie found some delicious mochi at one of the bakeries:
And I was super excited when I came across this little bank:
You're wondering why, huh? Well, I recognized a Chinese character!!! The character next to the red design thingy is Feng, as in Feng Yuan! So all those months in Taiwan did pay off! :)
And I was super excited when I came across this little bank:
You're wondering why, huh? Well, I recognized a Chinese character!!! The character next to the red design thingy is Feng, as in Feng Yuan! So all those months in Taiwan did pay off! :)
Here's to Vancouver, BC in all it's loveliness. I wouldn't mind retiring there one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment