Monday, May 3, 2010

Moving Day (yes, it's true)

If you're getting whiplash trying to keep up with where I am, I wouldn't blame you. My neck is getting a little sore itself.

But moving day is finally here. I'm leaving the land of rain (oh, beloved Seattle) for this little out of the way town:

 {photo courtesy of PRSSA at the University of Georgia}

Many people have asked the reason for my move. It is for a job. My life isn't nearly exciting enough for it to be for any other reason. But now the fun begins...

Where will I be working?
 Perhaps it is here:
Or here:
Or maybe here:
Well, I suppose I should go ahead and tell you... 
I'll be working here:

Not at the Castle, but rather slightly to the right and four stories underground. 

I've been offered a position with The Smithsonian Associates, the same arm of the Smithsonian Institution where I worked as an intern. I'm excited for the new position, and for the fact that I'll be working in my field of study (Humanities).

To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit nervous about the move.
That's normal, right?

But I'm lucky enough to have some great friends in the DC area that are already making me feel welcome with facebook posts, texts, and emails. What more could a gal ask for?

Here's to new adventures in life, and to those who push us to live our dreams!

8 comments:

Brandon Patterson said...

Which part of the city will you be living? I was able to live in Van Ness by the zoo (my morning runs were among the sea lions and panda bears!). Definitely check out the blog DCist.com. It's what I lived by most the time there. Anyways, if you have any other questions about the city, just holler! I'm so excited for you! You'll love this journey.

Chrissy said...

My goodness, I have a boring life! :-)

Good luck on your new adventure. You're doing exactly what you SHOULD be doing right now. Good for you!

Maggie said...

So excited for you to get here and to be my neighbor and colleague at the SI! We're gonna have a fun summer!

Shannon said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Working for the Smithsonian sounds cool. Hope the move goes well. If you happen to be stopping in SLC give me a call!

Jenna said...

Congrats Shanny! What a dream come true! We will be moving to New York in August, so we will be somewhat closer!

Whitney said...

Oh wow Shannon! What a fun experience for you! That is so AWESOME!!! the Museum of American History is my Absolute fave in DC. I hope you will love it!

missy meaygghan said...

What a great job opportunity! How exciting for you! I love your blog picture, btw, where on earth did you find something so perfect?

Theresa said...

Yay!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you! I hope you love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails