I was also able to spend time with my cute grandpa. He is one amazing man! His parents sailed to the States from Estonia and homesteaded on Finn Hill in Kirkland, Washington. G-pa grew up speaking Estonian, Finnish, and English. His father built a full-size sauna next to their farmhouse, and that sauna is now here:
My mom, grandpa, and I paid Ballard and the Nordic Heritage Museum a visit this week. I'd never seen the sauna, and it was a beautiful day to spend in that part of the city.
After visiting the the sauna we headed down to the Ballard locks. It was a gorgeous day to be there. There were several boats already geared up and ready for Labor Day weekend. And there were salmon!
Here's to family and beautiful Seattle days!
1 comment:
Wow. That looks like a fantastic day with family and with amazing Seattle weather! :) I'm jealous that you are living so close to your family. Good thing you are taking advantage of it. Be sure to let me know the next time you are in UT so we can get together!
Post a Comment