Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A few things...


Hello, Summer!!!

The usually grey Seattle did not disappoint at the start of this season. Hallelujah! It felt so good to go outside without a jacket on and to not freeze. That's how life has been for the last week and a half. Drizzzle, mist, rain. We saw it all. Even some fog. FYI--not summer OR spring weather.

That brings me to my list...

SUN!!! I never realized how much I love it until it disappears for days on end. It's in those moments I realize how much I crave it. Maybe I should look into living somewhere else? (Just kidding. I love Seattle too much for that at the moment. But who knows what's in store?)

The sense of sight. Being able to see is a very important thing. Along with other health issues this past year, I've developed cataracts. No, I'm not 65. But the good news is I'm having eye surgery tomorrow! I will be seeing the world in technicolor once again! I'm interested to see how my vision will be different. Fake lens vs.original lens. Hmm. I can't wait. I'll be able to drive at night again! Hurrah!

Fresh peaches and blueberries. I think I've died and gone to heaven. I realized that apples have too much sugar in them, but blueberries and peaches are fair game. And they are sooooo good right now.

My mom. Seriously. She's amazing. I know I say that all the time, but it's so true. I'm so not worthy! My mom celebrated her birthday this week, and to mark the occasion we saw Madagascar 3 Let me tell you, go see it! It was hilarious! And I normally I don't think I like animated films. I'm always pleasantly surprised after the fact, but I wouldn't shoose to see one in the theater unless others came up with the idea.

Men who ask women on dates. I went on a really fun date last night. Low key, kind of random, but refreshing.It was just what I needed!

What has made you happy, or has rocked your world  this week?

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Wishing you well Shannon! Sounds like things are exciting out there in Seattle. Best to you on the eye surgery! xxoo Ruthie

Heather H. said...

Yes, please email me!!!
Hope the surgery went well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails