I do.
I'm the queen of over-analyzing.
In some instances over-analyzing could be a good thing, but mostly not. Especially not now. My life has gone topsy-turvy, and dwelling on the craziness is giving me a headache. And that is quite exhausting.
So...
A decision has been made.
Decision:.
More time will be spent marveling on the glorious things that are happening in my life, less spent dwelling on the crummy.
I find writing these sorts of things down, is the absolute best way for me to remember that life is pretty awesome. But, I'm hoping I can keep this up longer than I have my past happy/favorite/gratitude lists from days past.
And, I might add, the items on this list will not always be serious in nature. Simple pleasures can make one happy. Expecially me.
Without further ado, a few things:
My red salt water sandals make me happy. They remind me of my childhood, except then, may favorites were white.
Sorry James McAvoy. Chris Hemsworth is my new celebrity crush. Perhaps you need to make some new films, so I can be reminded of why I loved you so. But as of now, Thor and the Huntsman rules my heart. But who knows what the future may hold?
Kroger Plain Greek Yogurt is the best. And let me tell you, I've been on the hunt for a good Greek yogurt. I have tried every single brand out there. No joke. Dannon's Oikos is a close second, and Chobani is third.
Anberlin is rocking my world right now. Some of my mission buddies raved about Anberlin while we were in the Czech Republic. I put them on my list of bands to check out when I returned to the States. Yeah, that was 6 years ago, and I'm finally getting to it. They are amazing! Love them.
Catching up with old friends. I had that opportunity twice in the past week. There's something about sharing my deepest thoughts, fears, and successes with someone who has known me for years, and still loves me despite my flaws. I love my girlfriends. Hopefully one day I'll find that in a man! :)
Friends and Family. Thank you for all your love and encouragement. Thank you for your prayers, your sweet notes and emails. They have all buoyed me up at this time in my life. Thank you for being there!

3 comments:
Hey there :) So I happen to believe TJ's plain greek yogurt is the best...and there isn't a TJ's by me so I have been on the hunt too...I'll have to give your favorites a try! And I am part of the over analyzing club myself-so it's good to read these reminders of focusing on the positive! Thinking of you :)
SHANNON! I'd love to get together. What are your days like? Weekends? I hope we can work something out... it'd be great to see you again :-)
Mmmm... Chris Hemsworth <3
Post a Comment