I've been missing Taiwan this week. My cute students, the simplistic life-style of an English teacher, the people, the food...
Yeah, pretty much all of it.
I posted as much on FB, and one of my former students wondered if that meant I was coming back. So sweet! But, no. Not at this time.
While I was there in 2008 the film Cape No. 7 was released. It became so popular that it was hard to escape it's effects. It wasn't the most amazing film that I'd ever seen--I had some issues with the main characters--but it captured much of the Taiwanese spirit and culture. For that reason, I love it.
I remember coming to class one day and telling my students that I'd seen it. They then burst into song (I'm sooo not kidding). Each of them started belting out the song shown below. It was an amazing memory, of my wonderful time in a country I love.
Please enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment