Friday, August 10, 2012

3 golds!


I think this was my favorite Olympic moment of this week--Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings winning their third Olympic gold medal. Amazing!

Both teams played incredibly well (and both were from the USA!). There were a few times I wasn't sure if Misty and Kerri would pull ahead, but never fear! They always did.

It's hard to believe that Misty is retiring--what will Kerri do? In the interviews you could see how close they've become over the years, and how this is going to be a MAJOR change for them both.

P.S. It's a bit ridiculous how easy they make sand volleyball look. Seriously. Running in the sand is not easy. Can you imagine jumping in the sand? These athletes don't get all the respect they deserve.

P.P.S. Did I mention that I love the Olympics? 

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Seriously this was awesome. I was crying when they won and again when they did their interview with Bob Costas. What a tight team they are. :)

Heather H. said...

Now those are the kinds of photos I can't get enough of-I didn't even see it but I felt like I did just from that photo. I love your enthusiasm for the Olympics!

And P.S. I would have totally seen Step Up (and Breaking Dawn) with you! And I think you are fine going by yourself to the movies, I am going to read that Cup of Jo post now.

Ruthie said...

I love Misty and Kerri! They have a synchronicity and an athleticism that is unparalleled! Their partnership truly shows what strong women can achieve. The strong friendship they have was felt through the TV screen! My favorite moment was when Kerri said to Misty after a great play; "You are so good!" Loved watching them!!! Love that picture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails