I saw some of these:
Fed this little beggar some french fries:
And ventured here:
And it was glorious!
Last Friday was declared a company holiday, and I did not protest. My mom and I ventured into the city for a day of fun. Those are the very best kinds of days!
To start out, we headed across the good ol' 520 bridge to Madison, the dwelling place of City People's Garden Store. And boy oh boy what a treat this place is! I'm a sucker for nurseries, and this one did not disappoint. Beautiful (cheap) plants, cute garden accessories--what more could you ask for? And I happened to find some pretty slick cat-eye sun glasses. Always a bonus!
Our next stop was Leschi Beach to stake out a spot for the BIG EVENT. And by BIG EVENT I mean the Blue Angels practicing for their Seafair show (which is pretty much exactly the same as the practice runs). The planes flew right over our heads! Dogs barked, children cheered, umbrellas were bountiful (but not because of rain), and most everyone got sunburned. It was joyous!
Because we were already in Seattle, and already paid the ridiculous toll (I'm not a fan), Mom and I decided to head down town, and act like tourists. With our car parked near Pioneer Square, we strolled along the piers where we watched the ferries come and go. We ate fish and chips at Ivar's, and fed the pesky seagulls. We checked out the new Ferris Wheel, and decided it was a little pricey for what it was.
Then we hiked up the hill to Pike's Place--quite possibly my favorite place in the city. Tourists were everywhere, and I then remembered why I almost never go down town during the summer. What is it about tourists that make one claustrophobic?
Mom, a true Seattlite, had never seen the infamous gum wall, so it was a must on our list of things to do. It's pretty disgusting, but amazing at the same time. Don't you love how my shorts match the wall??
It was a wonderful day spent with my lovely ma. I'm so glad I moved back, so I could be close to her and the rest of my family!
Here's to family, the Blue Angels, and Seattle in the summer! Hurrah!




3 comments:
I do love that your shorts match the gum wall. Too funny. Sounds like a wonderful day off spent with your mom. Everyone needs those every once in awhile. :)
That sounds like a great day, and a smart way to take advantage of your surroundings! I love your plaid shorts!
The Blue Angels are great at Seafair! I miss that. I never did see the gum wall. How funny that your shorts matched.
Post a Comment