Sometimes I do go to the movies by myself.
But it is a rather recent occurrence. It wasn't until I read this blog post from Joanna Goddard of A Cup of Jo, that I had the guts to try it out.
My first movie: Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1.
I know, I know.
I couldn't find anyone to go with me, and I really wanted to see it. So one evening I decided to just do it. I was a little self-conscious at first, sitting all by myself, but it ended up being the most enjoyable experience. I was able to enjoy the movie without wondering if my friends were thinking it was dumb or lame, because it was a bit. But I think that's why I liked it so much.
The acting was bad, but the dancing was amazing. And that's all that really matters in the Step Up series anyways. Even better, a ton of dancers and choreographers from So You Think You Can Dance were involved. Twitch! Mia Michaels!!! Need I say more? There is one scene that is filmed in a museum, and swear I almost cried it was so cool. Dance makes me emotional, okay?
The more I go to the movies on my own, the less awkward I feel. It's empowering!
Have you ever been to a movie by yourself?

6 comments:
That's awesome! I haven't worked up the courage to go to a movie alone yet- but I do go out to dinner alone sometimes. My best friend and movie buddy is moving away next week, so I need to give this a try!
Remember, we loved Step Up at our apartment? I hope this one was good.
You know, I've never been to a movie on my own before. I guess it never really occurred to me to do it. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
I haven't been to the movies by myself before, but I can totally see what you mean. I should seriously try it sometime- Justin and I could take turns instead of paying for a babysitter!!
I used to go by my myself, I thought it was so relaxing! And I loved to pick the flick and not argue about it.
@Jo--going to dinner by myself without a book I think is the next thing to conquer! If I'm alone, I get take-out. :)
@Nikki--Totally remember! I think we saw the first 2 as roommates, and I'm pretty sure I saw the third with Kel, while I was in Maryland. I had to go on principle.
@Windy and Tara--totally try it!
@Jenna--It is super relaxing!
Post a Comment