Oh, how I love the Olympics! Religiously, at 8 o'clock every night, I've been downstairs in front of the TV. I don't know if that means I'm pathetic, or really cool. But it's undeniable that I love the Olympics, I can't bear missing any of the events.
There is so much I have to say about the London games! But if I wrote about everything, you would be bored. Really, I promise. So I've decided to jot down a few of my favorite--mainly athletes and moments.
Favorite Athletes (so far)
I think Gabby Douglas has been my favorite athlete to watch so far in these games. She's an amazing athlete, and has such a positive attitude. I love seeing the pure joy she has when she competes. And did you see her on the bars during the all-around? They don't call her the "Flying Squirrel" for no reason! And I also have to say that I love that when she won the all-around she gave all the glory to God. That isn't something you see very often nowadays.
Missy Franklin is right up there with Gabby Douglas. Not only is she an amazing athlete, but she genuinely seems like a good person. I love how she's so down to earth, and is a good sportsman (sportswoman?). When she hasn't won gold, she's always congratulating those who do win. I love how she lives the with the true spirit of the Olympics. I'm excited to see her in the next Games!
I have to admit that men's swimming has been my favorite event to watch so far. What amazing athletes! And we hardly give them the credit that they deserve once the Olympics have ended. I also have to admit that I like Michael Phelps. So many of my friends dislike him because he was a bit cocky in Beijing. I guess living in Taiwan at the time did me some good, as I wasn't able to watch any of the swim meets. If he was cocky back then, I feel like he's matured into a respectable athlete. My favorite athletes are those who treat their teammates and competitors with respect. He cheered for his teammates in their personal heats. And you cannot deny that he is the best Olympian around--22 medals, and 18 of them gold!
Nathan Adrian.
Need I say more?
This kid is adorable! And he's from Bremerton, WA, and he respects his mama. And did I mention he won gold in the 100 meter free-style? And that it was an amazing? And that he's a smarty-pants as well as athletic and good looking? Well, he is.
Favorite moments so far
The US men's and women's relay swim teams winning gold!
US women's gymnasts winning the all-around.
Duchess Kate talking to the US women's gymnastics team after the individual vault competition. How amazing would that be? She has such class. I would die to meet her!
US gymnast, Aly Raisman's parents. I don't think I've as hard as when I saw the play back of her parents' reactions while she was on the uneven bars. Now that's what I call intense! Watch the full reaction here.
I have to admit that I took a little time off this weekend to enjoy the fabulous weather we've been having up here in Seattle, but I'm looking forward to more women's gymnastics and all the track and field events. What I've seen so far in those events is making me excited!
Hope you all have been enjoying the Olympics as much as I have!







3 comments:
Oh my goodness I have been sitting in front of the tv every night too! I can't miss it! I had to speed grocery shop so I could be back in time for the Olympics the other night. :) Those are lots of my favorite moments too. I think you and Nathan Adrian would make a super cute couple. He's so smiley and happy and cute! Enjoy the rest of the games!
Enjoy the last of them too! Nathan Adrian...too bad he's only 23! :)
The Olympics are so fun to see. I do love the Gabby and Missy enthusiasm and humility. It's fun to see a lot of those foreigners, too. The open water swim and the synchronized swimming are pretty fun, too. It's a marathon just trying to catch all the action.
Post a Comment